Wednesday, May 16, 2012

From my kitchen window: the Second Week of May 2012

 A thrush. Sorry, I can't tell you which one, but I don't think it is a Swainson's. No spectacles.

We're still seeing the occasional Pine Siskin.
 The Mourning Doves are advertising their presence everywhere.  They usually eat the spilled grain in the granary yard but now and then one pops by the patio.
 Several cheery little Chipping Sparrows check out the patio periodically.

There are dozens of Goldfinches around. I've counted twenty at a time beneath the feeder, though didn't managed to get that many into this shot.
  I've had a couple of glimpses of a Brown Thrasher, and occasionally hear him from the garden.
And, most surprising of all, our Blue Jay still drops by for the occasional visit. He is very shy, however, and usually flies away as soon as I appear at the window. This morning I caught him on camera, but through a clouded part of the window. Proof none-the-less.

No comments: