Saturday, June 11, 2011

Transitions

I like to go for walks before church on Sunday mornings. On May 22 I saw this robin trying to appear invisible in her nest in a very scraggly spruce tree 6 feet above the ground. The next Sunday the nest appeared empty, but there was a Robin complaining gently from a nearby poplar so I assumed there might be eggs.


On June 3 I saw babies. Well trained, like their mother, they didn't move as they tried to appear invisible. It wasn't their fault the nest was in a scraggly spruce 6 feet above the ground.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love robins. There's a pair nesting in a neighbour's tree - they are feeding babies as both Mom and Dad are constantly in the yard probing for and pulling out earthworms. Nice photos.

Adele said...

When I wandered past this nest this morning it appeared empty. Short of bringing a stepladder, I can't be certain, of course, but I didn't see any heads. I'm wondering if they've already fledged or if a less than friendly bird found the nest.