Wednesday, December 4, 2019

A few more Ecuador questions

I wasn't planning to post more mystery birds from Ecuador, but after discovering that my identification of birds wasn't always the same as our travelling companion's, I realized there are a few more I need to check on.

1. I called this a Double-toothed Kite.
2. And this was my Eastern Wood-Pewee
2b. but in case that doesn't work I have a backup.  A very tiny backup.
3. This one has evaded all my investigations.
4. A mysterious bird.  It may have had a nest hidden under the plant.
5. My favourite unidentified bird.  I know what I want it to be.  It was taken at 2 in the afternoon in a valley in Eastern Ecuador along a highway near where we had just watched several Swallow-tailed Kites dipping and gliding.

And that, I promise you, are all the mysteries from Ecuador that are worth investigating.

No comments: