Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Most Exciting Colour: Green

When do we get to see green birds at home?  Almost never, unless you count the head of the Mallard and the Northern Shoveller.

When we signed up for this trip, I was hoping for colourful birds, beautiful birds.  I was hoping for Parrots and I was hoping for Hummingbirds.

My hopes were realized. 

Last year the closest we got to parrots were Orange-fronted Parakeets. It was great. But this year we got a flock. and then we got two individuals nicely placed down the mountain from us.
They were beautiful.
Last year we had Military Macaws flying over our heads, far up in the sky.  This year a flock had lunch in front of us.
 My only complaint is that he doesn't stand out from the tree very well.

And then there were the hummingbirds.  We saw ten different species. 

I did not photograph ten different varieties.

This is the Beryline Hummingbird.



1 comment:

Dianne said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see more in April.